Your shopping cart is empty!
The Boutari Company was established in 1879 in Naoussa by Ioannis Boutaris and today, his grand son, Konstantinos Boutaris, runs it. By the mid 1930s, Stelios, son of Ioannis, takes charge of the company and distributes its products abroad, starting from Austria, Hungary and Egypt. During the post-war period, the company expanded its activities in Athens and several other European countries. In the late 1970s, the two sons of Stelios, undertake the activities of the company and specifically, Ioannis takes charge of the oenological sector and Konstantinos the commercial sector. They invest in production and in 1978 a fully-equipped with modern technology winery-bottling unit is inaugurated in Naoussa, where it is established the first main production unit. In 1995, Marina, the daughter of Konstantinos, is incorporated in the staff of the company and takes charge of the Marketing Department and his other daughter, Christina who is, today, responsible for the Exports to America and Australia. The company decides to expand its viticultural and wine making activities to important P.D.O. Zones of Greece and therefore, in the following decades, invests in vineyards, wineries and equipment for the regions of: Goumenissa in 1984, Attica in 1980 under the cooperation with Roxani Matsa and Santorini in 1989. In 1990, the company invests in wine tourism, through the creation of rooms open to visit and educational programmes in Naoussa, Goumenissa, Santorini and later in Crete. In 1991 expands in Mantineia by bying back the Kampas winery and in 2004, in Crete, by bying back a vineyard and establishing a winery in Skalani. In 2006, the Boutari Winery expands its activities abroad by repurchasing the Domaine de Mayrac, a winery surrounded by a 700 acre vineyard of organic cultivation in Southern France.