Gentilini "R" Robola of Kefalonia 2015
A fascinating new effort by Gentilini Winery in Kefalonia. In R, Robola is matured for 24 months with the lees acquiring depth of fruit, aromatic complexity and a fatter mid palate. In addition, the wine proves what Greek whites can deliver with extra care in the vineyard and the cellar.
- Grapes are sourced from a specific vineyard with extremely steep gradient and gravelly soil, in the area of Fagias at an altitude of 850 meters.
- Own rooted, bush vines of 80 years of age, producing tiny yields. For 2015, yields did not exceed 25 hl/ha.
- Maturation on the lees for 24 months with with periodical stirring (battonage).
- Youthful lemon color. Scented with white-green peaches wrapped around a core of creme patisserie and marzipan-like aromas. Impressive freshness, great balance and finesse give the beat to the palate, in a wine that ticks all the boxes.
- An excellent gastronomic wine to accompany complex pork or fish dishes. Produced in 950 bottles and 160 magnums.
- Brand: Gentilini - Winery
- Availability: Only 1 available
- Ex Tax: 22.18€
- Price in reward points: 560
Tags: Gentilini Winery