In the heart of the Laconian land, at the 17th kilometer on the national road from Sparta to Gytheio, in the direction to Monemvassia and Mani, are located the vineyard and winery of George Theodorakakos’ family. According to the tradition, nobles from Constantinople were being supplied with wine from this area. The first vines were planted at the beginning of the 20th Century, by grandfather Nicolas. Today, with over 300,000 sq. meters of private owned vineyard, George Theodorakakos still cultivates rare local varieties in a traditional way. Kydonitsa and Mavroudi are being cultivated exclusively in Laconia. Additionally, are being cultivated the local Monemvasia and Thrapsa and the widely known Assyrtiko, Roditis and Agiorgitiko. The relatively low yields of the vineyard, which does not exceed 800kgs per 1000 sq. meters, contributes to the high quality of the grapes. Since 1996, the vineyard is subject to the guidelines of organic cultivation and is approved by the Organization of Inspection and Certification of Organic Products (DIO).