Thymiopoulos Aftorizo 2017
Aftorizo is the highly anticipated, single vineyard Naoussa of the "golden child" of Greek wine, Apostolos Thymiopoulos. Derived from self-routed (planted in their own roots and not on an American subject), old vines from a vineyard in the mountains of Fytia, in the southern part of Naoussa. The soil is a combination of slate and granite that provides the mineral backbone of the wine.
- Harvesting is done on the 10th October.
- 40% whole bunches, indigenous 3-month fermentation, 20 days of total extraction, ripening into second-use barrels of 500lt
- A great bouquet of rose and violet in the nose, along with fruity and mineral notes
- On the palate, it's the quality of the tannins and the refined signature of Thymiopoulos that produce an epic wine of elegance, aromas and endless aftertaste.
- Great to drink now, but becomes even better with aging
- 13.5% alcohol, produced in just 1120 bottles
- Stock: In Stock
- Reward Points: 18
|Bottle Size (lt)||0.75|
|Drink||Can be long aged|
|Serve Temp||16 – 18 °C|